Friday, March 30, 2012

Modern America., and a Wasted Life, 3-30-12 Commentary

Listen to audio

Don’t you think some of the things we read in the Bible could apply to America in our day? I am attending Bible College and awhile back I completed the class in the book of Judges. So if you don’t mind I thought for this week’s commentary I would outline some of the things I have learned by taking that class. In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes. Says Judges 21:25.

Kings in the Bible means authority. So Judges 21:25 not only tells us what happened in the day of Judges but do I dare say it might also apply to modern America. In our land today many souls have forgotten God and are doing whatever feels good. Also one of the souls in the book of Judges was a guy named Samson who God used but he also did some sinful things. He was right with the Lord but his life was wasted. You can be saved and have a wasted life. We all should want to not have lives which are wasted. God not only wants to save our souls but he wants to do Godly things through and in us after we are saved. Don’t you think.

What do you think.

Until Next Time,

I’m Billy David Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment