Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pick Hell Over An Anti-Gay Heaven , 8-15-13 commentary

Just because a spiritual leader has done good on one issue doesn't mean he should not be challenged when he disobeys the word of God on another issue.Does it?

Desmond Tutu a retired Anglican bishop who rose to worldwide fame during the 1980s as an opponent of apartheid in South Africa now is a backer of same sex marriage.

Desmond Tutu, said a few weeks ago that if he had his pick, he’d go to hell before heading to a heaven that condemned homosexuality as sin.

“I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this,” he said, by way of denouncing religions that discriminate against gays.

“I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place.”

He made the remarks during the United Nations‘ launch of its gay-rights campaign in Cape Town.

Mr. Tutu also likened equal rights for gays to the fight for equal rights for blacks.

“I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid,” he said, . “For me, it is at the same level.”

This shows Mr. Tutu does't accept how all sin is out of the will of God and how all sin Grieves God's heart.

This also shows Tuto doesn't fully accept or embrace the power of the cross to forgive and change sinners.

What do you think,

Until next time,

I'm Billy David Dickson

Billy David Dickson All Rights Reserved, 2013
This blog may be reproduced in whole or in part with a full attribution statement. Contact Billy or read more commentary on current issues at http://billydteacher.wordpress.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment